[General] About the MVC pattern

Juhani Ränkimies juhani at juranki.com
Sun Dec 14 13:28:49 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to grasp the MVC pattern in LK. There seems to be
alternative approaches for constructing the model. at least
subclassing the Model class and using Records.

I'd appreciate if someone could explain the motivations of the
different approaches. I'd be also very interested in your assessment
of the stability of the current implementation, and of course possible
future plans.

After some experiments and reading the code, I've got the impression
that the Records approach is suitable when the model is a simple data
model and you can use the Record's getter/setter magic. And when the
model is more complex and should contain some logic, you should
subclass Model. Please comment weather this is to the point or not.

BR,
Juhani R?nkimies