[General] [Ann] Lively kernel 0.8 is out!

Patrick Mueller pmuellr at muellerware.org
Sat Feb 2 23:28:55 CET 2008

On Feb 1, 2008, at 3:59 PM, Dan Ingalls wrote:

> 2.  We have adopted a class system derived from prototype.js ver 1.60
> and extended with built-in support for serialization and copy
> constructors.  These conventions make it much more natural to use
> classes and class inheritance in JavaScript (the .subclass() method
> and $super optional parameter).

In case you haven't seen it, the qooxdoo JavaScript library has an
interesting class system, described here:

	http://qooxdoo.org/documentation/0.7/class_declaration

While I don't have any practical experience with it, it certainly
seems 'cleaner' than some of the ad-hoc class-y-ness I've seen in
other JS frameworks. @least parts of it; 'super' stuff is still
awkward.

Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org/