[lively-kernel] Time for another run at the fence?

Curt Cox curtcox at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 20:51:17 CEST 2010

> What excites you about the Lively Kernel?

- Simplicity and portability.  The ability to deploy to the iPhone/iPad is a
big draw.
- The concept of small applications being passed around with some users
enhancing and improving them is also appealing.  I started programming in
the Apple II / Atari 800 era.  Reducing the distinction between user and
developer excites me.

How much time do you currently put into LK?

Essentially zero.

How much time do you think you could put into LK if you got fired up?

I have no idea.  I have a new job and child.

> What are the top 3 or 4 things you would like to do for LK ?

- Ask stupid questions.
- Provide a quick way to get started.  I'm thinking about a development
environment based on Maven and Grizzly, so that setup of a development
environment would be really simple for anyone who has a working NetBeans
installation.
- Investigate HTML 5 support.  Net distribution and the ability to run
detached are opposite, but vital goals.
- Investigate a pure-Java client.

What are the top 3 or 4 things you would like someone else to do for LK?

- More getting started documentation.  The documentation that shows what it
is capable of is great.
http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/example.xhtml
- There should be more documentation about how to create such a page from
scratch.
- A hitchhikers guide to the code would also be really useful.