[lively-kernel] Lively Audio

Alessandro Warth alexwarth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 03:21:28 CEST 2010

> Not sure what Chris meant, but you could generate the contents of a midi
>> file in memory, then feed those bytes (after uuencoding<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uuencoding>)
>> to your platform's midi player (w/ the embed tag). Here's an example:
>> http://tinlizzie.org/ometa-js/#Etude
>>

> It is awesome!
> And is it possible to export generated by Etude midi files?

That functionality isn't in there at the moment, but it should be easy to
implement. After all, you've already got the uuencoded data as a JavaScript
string. So all you'd have to do is save that in a file, uudecode it, and
you'd have a proper midi file.

(For the record, I didn't write Etude -- it was a class project done by
Amarin Phaosawasdi, a masters student that I co-advised at UCLA.)

Cheers,
Alex