[lively-kernel] Lively2-rc3

milan zimmermann milan.zimmermann at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 04:37:55 CEST 2011

if it's of any value - I thought I'd try the automated install - not sure if
it is supposed to work. The result is that it installed but apache failed to
start. This is on OpenSUSE 11.4.

This is what I did:

1) su - root # [just for first try]
2) downloaded http://lively-kernel.org/other/livelyFiles/lively_installer.sh,
copied to $HOME/software/lively
3) cd $HOME/software/lively
4) chmod u+x lively_installer.sh
5) lively_installer.sh
6) # The above ran and created /opt/lampp
7) cd /opt/lampp
8) # could not run as nobody
XAMPP_USER="nobody:root"
sudo -u `echo $XAMPP_USER | sed 's/:.*//'` -g `echo $XAMPP_USER | sed
's/.*://'` ./lampp startapache
# some error

9) # so tried
su - root
# pass

10) ./lampp startapache # same error for just ./lampp start
# message
# XAMPP: Starting Apache with SSL (and PHP5)...
# XAMPP: Error 1! Couldn't start Apache!
# XAMPP: Starting diagnose...
# XAMPP: Sorry, I've no idea what's going wrong.
# XAMPP: Please contact our forum http://www.apachefriends.org/f/

# apache error log:
# httpd: Syntax error on line 511 of /opt/lampp/etc/httpd.conf: Syntax error
on line 6 of /opt/lampp/etc/extra/lk.conf: Cannot load
/opt/lampp/modules/mod_dav_svn.so into server: libsvn_repos-1.so.1: cannot
#  libsvn_repos-1.so.1 does not exist in lampp/lib - perhaps the lively
lampp need be statically linked or maybe need to pass

BTW, I do have subversion installed, and libsvn_repos-1.so.1 is in
/usr/lib64. Exporting LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64 (well not the right thing
anyway because it is in /etc/ld.so.conf) did not make any difference.

I will also try to just regular install to apache2 using the install.txt. I
think I would not "get" the first section of install.txt without looking at
the automated install.

regards,
milan
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:35 AM, Jens Lincke <jens.lincke at hpi.uni-potsdam.de