[lively-kernel] Lively and Bazaar

Keith P. Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 02:51:27 CEST 2011

And I forgot to mention, I started an open team on launchpad called "livelytalkers" to complement the existing "smalltalkers"

Another thing I could mention is that if you find that the tools themselves are not macro enough for managing a project with several modules and you want to put together some scripts. You could make your own bash command like

lively checkout http:/blah

I have written a simple framework for doing this in the tradition of tools like git and bazaar. Each command is written as a shellscript which provides help and usage info. The purpose is to provide functions on top of bzr/git etc for project deployment etc.

The framework is called groan. (which is what I do every time I have to code in shell script)

You can find groan here:

https://launchpad.net/groan

The first application of groan was for the tool "grow" which is for managing simultaneous development in squeak, pharo & cuis

regards

Keith