[lively-kernel] Status

Jens Lincke jens.lincke at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Oct 26 16:58:25 CEST 2011

Hi Keith,

thanks for your comments. This is valuable feedback.

On 26.10.2011, at 05:34, keith1y wrote:

> *Be the web - but better.*

 Separating between edit mode and using mode makes some things easy but at the same time not so lively any more. Your are right that people don't expect to be able to
break a internet page by reading it. But think about reading a book with a pen? Lively comes only with a very powerful pen....

> *Do flash Websites (www.wix.com) - But Better*

You are are right we should make simple thinks more simpler and provide more of such content that allows for creating page via drag and drop.

> *Do Hypercards least copied feature - But Better*

Yes, I too really like the HyperCard idea, we should work on this one as well.

> *Coding for coders*

Our non lively (and not yet existing) process of open source style collaboration is also a challenge we have to tackle. Maybe Fabian's git project will bring us there a step further.

> *The Best Idea from "Quicktime Interactive"*
Yes, copy and paste should not be a problem, we implemented it for svg where it really was hard and with html things should be really easy again.

Best,
Jens