[lively-kernel] RFC: Tests for parts

Christopher Schuster cschuster at ucdavis.edu
Mon Feb 27 01:08:19 CET 2012

Hi,

I really like the idea of having tests for parts in the PartsBin. Personally,
I would prefer proposal 2 from the wiki. I was also wondering whether it would
be possible to use the tags of Morphic scripts and pass the test framework as
an argument, e.g.

this.addScript(function incFoo() {
	this.foo++;
}).tag(["increment"]);

this.addScript(function setUp() {
	this.foo = 23;
}).tag(["running"])

this.addScript(function testFoo(assert) {
	assert.equals(this.foo, 23);
	this.incFoo();
	assert.greaterThan(this.foo, 23);
	assert.fail("nope");
}).tag(["testing"])

I think this should not be too hard to implement and it would be possible to
write the tests and the scripts both in the object editor.

Cheers,
Christopher