[lively-kernel] Local installation of Lively Core from Github: some notes, questions, and errors

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Fri Mar 9 13:21:11 CET 2012

On 3/8/12 11:38 PM, Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> hmm interesting .. do you mean to use the squeak http server + seaside
> for this .. lively wiki currently uses dav and dav-svn for versioning
> .. i am not sure if or how seaside (or rather the underlying http
> server)  would provide versioning but worth looking into.... (quick
> google did not help me much)

Actually, I was thinking in more simplistic terms of simply a one-click
localhost install of the current version of LK. Versioning and so on
wasn't what I was concerned with. Having to set up apache, etc., in
order to simply play with LK seems to be a rather larger hurdle to
expect people to overcome just to play with a private sandbox.