[General] The New Face of Sun: Lively Kernel Mashup Demo

ALT Mobile DEV dev at altmobile.com
Tue Mar 25 02:44:03 CET 2008

Hi,

I've posted a couple of blog entries on Lively Kernel. WIth Friday's
big release of our Web 2.0 developer tools, we now provide tools for
creating Mashups for the following Web 2.0 client technologies:

Sun's Lively Kernel
Sun's JavaFX Script
Adobe AIR
Apple Dashboard Widgets
Apple's Safari on iPhone
Google Gadgets
Microsoft IE 8's WebSlices
Mozilla Prism
Opera Widgets
RSS Feeds
Yahoo! Pipes

As part of a series on the strengths and weakness of Web 2.0 clients,
I also discuss how to create a Mashup client for each of the
technologies.

One goal is to provide insight to developers-- so that they better
understand what's needed for their upcoming Web 2.0 projects-- and the
other goal is for company strategist from Adobe, Apple, Google,
Microsoft, Mozilla, Opera, Sun, Yahoo!, etc to see where their
products _really_ fit in the Web 2.0 world.

I think that this is a better service to technologists and developers
than the puff pieces and hatchet jobs from the less-than-qualified
writers and bloggers.

* The series starts off with this blog post (Web 2.0 Technologies:
Clients):

http://web.mac.com/altmobile/altmobile_blog/ALT_Mobile_Blog/Entries/2008/3/22_An_Introduction_to_Web_2.0_Clients.html

* and the specific ones on LK are here (Web 2.0 Clients: Sun's Lively
Kernel):

http://web.mac.com/altmobile/altmobile_blog/ALT_Mobile_Blog/Entries/2008/3/22_Lively_Kernel_from_Sun_Labs.html

* and here (A Lively Kernel Mashup Client):

http://web.mac.com/altmobile/altmobile_blog/ALT_Mobile_Blog/Entries/2008/3/23_The_New_Face_of_Sun%3A_Lively_Kernel_Mashup.html

Of course, if I missed the mark or misunderstood... please comment.

--Zaid

ALT Mobile

http://altmobile.com/Home.html (web site)
http://web.mac.com/altmobile (official blog)