[General] LK JS OO Architecture

Owen Densmore owen at backspaces.net
Tue Apr 21 04:26:54 CEST 2009

OK, now for the dumb question of the month: How in the world does LK
wrestle JS into being a message based, OO system?

I'm reading "Object-Oriented JavaScript" by Stoyan Stefanov and it
takes me back to the days that Lisp and Scheme declared that they
simply didn't need OO architectures, they can invent their own so
easily it was not important.  They forgot to mention that they needed
the rest of the world to agree with which ever system they chose! ..
few of the alternatives interoperate!

So the book points out about a dozen ways to be OO in JS.  I know LK
uses Prototype.  Is that the Answer?  Or did LK figure out a sane
system that fits the Smalltalk messaging model well that isn't in the
several JS OO patterns?

Whew!

     -- Owen