[lively-kernel] iPad: mouse vs touch events

Werner Schuster (murphee) werner.schuster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 18:09:14 CEST 2010

I tried the Lively Kernel on the iPad simulator and encountered one
problem: dragging, eg. moving a window, doesn't work.
(also tried it on a physical iPod touch - bit slower, but same result).

What _does_ work is tapping the window title bar (until the shadow
appears) and then tapping somewhere else -> this moves the window to the
location of the 2nd tap. I couldn't make scroll bars and similar things
work either.

I assume it's necessary to catch the Touch events:
  -
http://developer.apple.com/safari/library/documentation/AppleApplications/Reference/SafariWebContent/HandlingEvents/HandlingEvents.html
  - http://jayantbsai.blogspot.com/2008/09/iphone-svg-events.html

Might be complicated by LK's use of SVG or Canvas.

Questions:
  - is there a version of the Lively Kernel that addresses this?
  - if not - could anyone give me a pointer (ahem) to where
Javascript/DOM events are translated into Morphic events;
    I've been digging through the source code, but haven't located the
right place yet.

Thanks;