[lively-kernel] Lively in Education

Philip Weaver philmaker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 02:46:58 CEST 2010

Steve Wart and I are interested in using Lively for applications that appeal
to mainstream development needs. But I do want to discuss education a bit.

I have not read in depth about constructionist learning. Is the goal to 1.
help students learn overall or 2. teach them how to program? Can anyone *point
me to* really compelling, killer examples of constructionist learning which
are not focused on simply teaching students how to program?

*The most compelling example I can think of - for using Lively in education
overall - is applying the concept of encapsulation to learning and to
sciences.*

I'm asking right now because soon I want to make a couple of mockups
relating to education.

Thanks,
Philip