[lively-kernel] trouble at wiki

Robert Krahn robert.krahn at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jul 14 03:22:08 CEST 2010

The problem that appeared is the following:

A class LauncherMorph was defined and the page saved with an open instance of that class. On world load the class wasn't found and an error was raised. I changed the startup logic so that it will start anyway. All morphs that could not be serialized correctly will appear with a red border around it. To find them programmatically do:

emergencyMorphs = []
WorldMorph.current().withAllSubmorphsDo(function() {
	if (this.isEmergencyMorph) emergencyMorphs.push(this)
});

To persistently add a class definition to a world please use the Local code browser and add the class there (example http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/users/robertkrahn/pshouse_test2.xhtml).

Alternatively add the class definition to a module and make sure that module is added to the local requirements list.

Best,
Robert