[lively-kernel] Sencha

Steve Wart steve at wart.ca
Sat Jun 26 16:31:32 CEST 2010

Licensing looks complicated, but it seems they've specifically tried to make
it compatible with non-GPL projects. Is BSD the same as MIT?

But then I'm confused about the $219 developer license.

Should be fun to play with though. There's also
http://www.phonegap.com/which is not a UI framework, but they provide
a Javascript API to some of
the more proprietary device features (e.g. camera and accelerometer) -- it's
for local deployment, not web-based, but it's just serving up local
resources from your device.

One nice thing about these guys is they provide simulators for a variety of
mobile devices. The simulator code is also open-source.