[lively-kernel] Right Click on mobile devices

Benjamin Siegmund benjamin.siegmund at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Dec 1 12:13:20 CET 2011

Hi Folks,

We are currently working on making lively ready for mobile devices. As lively makes excessive use of the right mouse button, we need a way to emulate it. We would like to hear your opinions on how to do it. Here are our thoughts so far:

Double Tap:
Double tap is fast and difficult to trigger accidentally. It can be confused with zooming in browser context, though.

Touch and hold:
Touch and hold is somehow known to mobile users, as it's used by different systems, but it can be triggered accidentally when dragging.

Gestures:
Not discoverable in any way, but probably not confusable with anything else.

So what do you think?

Your bachelor's team from the HPI