[lively-kernel] Goto… Lively Kernel! - URL shortener

Roeder, Marko Marko.Roeder at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Nov 9 00:57:44 CET 2011

Hi, all -

I finally took a shot at a URL shortener for Lively after having some simple implementation idea - based on CouchDB/Couchbase of cause.
And just 2-3h later, this is what I got:

http://www.lively-kernel.org/goto/Welcome

You can get a nice list of URLs if you go to: http://www.lively-kernel.org/goto

Also creating short URLs has never been easier:
Just "PUT" to your goto-URL, like http://www.lively-kernel.org/goto/HelloWorld?url=http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/webwerkstatt.xhtml

And there is only one simple rule: Our URL shortener is restricted to http://www.lively-kernel.org/SOMETHING - no other domains, etc. allowed!

Have fun testing our service and come back with some feedback :-)!

Best,

	- Marko

PS: And do not forget, using our SVN/WebDAV repository you can also create short URLs for "historic URLs" like http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/!svn/bc/46887/webwerkstatt.xhtml (webwerkstatt.xhtml rev. 46887; January 21st 2011; good, old Lively 1 ;-)!