[lively-kernel] How to use Lively Kernel? (new)

Jens Lincke jens.lincke at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Fri Nov 11 23:07:43 CET 2011

Hi, Mal

thanks for your interest in Lively. To being able to send and receive message of the list, consider subscribing.
http://lively-kernel.org/list/index.html
> Do i need only a browser, but where can i save the code etc.?

You only need a web browser, Google Chrome is recomended, but Safari and the latest Firefox are ok to.

> Do i need an editor or compiler, where can i write the code?
You write the code directly at the objects. You store the objects then on the page and save the page as you would do in a normal wiki on the server. Your changes are then local to that page. When you want to develop the base system can later do the same by using the system browser. This will change and maybe even break all pages of the wiki. We allow this because everything you do is version controlled an we can restore a working version of pages and javascript modules.

For getting started, have a look at this page: http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/gettingStarted.xhtml

Best,
Jens