[lively-kernel] Problems starting LivelyKernel

Andy Burnett andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com
Thu Aug 9 03:03:41 CEST 2012

I am having a few problems getting the LK server to serve anything useful.

The problems I have experienced are:

   1. The Github instructions say to install LK, cd ~/LivelyKernel and then
   npm install. I tried this, but it seemed to do nothing.  When trying to run
   the server by typing 'lk server', Ubuntu complained that it was an unknown
   command.
   2. I noticed that 'using LivelyKernel scripts' had a more complex npm
   command  (npm install -g livelykernel-scripts) so I tried running that
   instead.  This produced a working LK server. Are the earlier instructions
   are missing some arguments?
   3. Having got a server running, point the browser to it just produces
   the error message "Cannot GET /blank.xhmtl" is this a config problem?

Cheers
Andy