[lively-kernel] Problems using $world.openPartItem

Andy Burnett andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com
Thu Aug 30 19:59:33 CEST 2012

I have been following the documentation in the wiki, and came across an
interesting problem. On the lively-kernel.org site, issuing a do-it on:

$world.openPartItem('Triangle', 'PartsBin/Triangle');

Produces:

The implementation did not support the requested type of object or
operation.

However, running exactly the same command on my local server (thanks Robert
for your help in getting it up and running), produces a completely
different error:

cannot call method on 'openInWorld' on undefined.

I have no idea what the first error means, but the second one just looks
like a DNU.

Any thoughts on what the problem(s) is?

Cheers
Andy