[lively-kernel] How to add a property to a morph visually

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 08:10:18 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Milan Zimmermann
<milan.zimmermann at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Milan Zimmermann
> <milan.zimmermann at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I am trying to build a quick extremely simple library management application.
>>
>> Something I am missing that is likely due to my lack of Lively skills:
>> I create a Morph and call it "Library Application" in the World. I'd
>> like to add to it a member called "books" which would be a list. Is
>> there a way to do it visually, apart from creating the Library
>> Application as a Morph extension with the books member?
>>
>> (I am afraid following this I have more - naive - questions. Sorry for
>> the noise...)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> milan
>
> Hmm, now I have formulated my question at another level. I am going
> through the Professors introduction. There is a Morph named
> ElProfesorOnLivelyKernel. It has a member "this.pages" - I search the
> code but cannot figure out where is "this.pages" instantiated, and how
> can I see it is a member of ElProfesorOnLivelyKernel, apart from
> seeing it in the Editor code... I appreciate any hints however obvious
> :)
>
> Thanks,
>
> milan

Well I was not clear in my question .. "this.pages" must be a
deserialized Morph, from the xhtml page (or dragged from Parts Bin),
but, how would I create the "this.pages" list and add to the
ElProfesorOnLivelyKernel as a member, if I was to create the Profesor
from scratch ... sorry about keep expanding this, will stop ...

Thanks,

milan