[lively-kernel] Local installation of Lively Core from Github: some notes, questions, and errors

Jens Lincke jens.lincke at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Feb 28 20:59:37 CET 2012

Am 28.02.2012 um 20:41 schrieb Fabian Bornhofen:

>>        2) How does webwerkstatt create the login (later used to authorize to
>> save worlds), and is there an equivalent way to set it up for the
>> localhost install?
> Should be regular HTTP digest auth in Apache and I expect Lively to be
> completely ignorant about that. Jens?

Lively is ignorant about the kind of authentication per get or put, that is all handled by the various means the
Apache provides. We used first basic auth and later digest  for these purposes....

>>        1) Error on dragging out the cloud from PartsBin (similar errors in
>> other situations):
>>
>> Error when trying to update
>> AttributeConnection(PartsItem(Cloud,PartsSpace(PartsBin/Basic/)).loadedMetaInfo
>> --> <lively.morphic.Box#E5AB3... -
>> PartsBinBrowser>.setMetaInfoOfSelectedItem) with value
>> MetaInfo(PartsBin/Basic/Cloud):
>> TypeError: Object Thu Nov 03 2011 19:13:58 GMT-0400 (EDT) has no method 'format'
>> TypeError: Object Thu Nov 03 2011 19:13:58 GMT-0400 (EDT) has no method 'format'
> Thanks for the report.
The format is in the app.DateFormat, which is not included in core...
This is the reason I pulled in the apps folder in my local lively bootstrap part.

Best,
Jens