[lively-kernel] More Sounds

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Mar 12 12:31:12 CET 2012

Very nice indeed!

The PluckedSound, at least, sounds better than its Squeak predecessor now. I guess we should port back your improvements :) I tried commenting out the Squeak primitive code, and found that with current CPU speeds, it is not needed anymore. On my machine the synthesis, even if interpreted, uses only about 1 % of CPU time per voice.

One feature missing from the Lively keyboard (that the Squeak one had) is sustaining a note as long as a key is pressed.  And loading MIDI files can't be that far off, right? Only attaching an actual keyboard might proof impractical ...

- Bert -