[lively-kernel] Try DBJr (HyperCard-like stacks in Lively Kernel)

Casey ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Wed May 2 21:46:00 CEST 2012

Given that the context here is DBJr in Lively Kernel, this is the right place I think. But if what you're looking for is to understand where it all comes from, you can find lots of good stuff hiding here:

http://vpri.org/html/writings.php

Everything on this page is worth reading. There's a lot of context and rationale supplied in the yearly status reports, but if you're feeling adventurous, check out this one straight away:

http://www.vpri.org/pdf/m2011001_dbjr_spec.pdf

The above link is to a high level specification of what DynaBook Jr. is.

It's worth noting that the previous (Squeak) implementation has been discussed elsewhere; I can't recall if it was on the FONC list or on squeak-dev. I usually google on "Ted Moshi image" to find that.

But yeah, this is about LK so let's hang out here:)