[lively-kernel] Fwd: LK ready for prototyping?

Chip Nowacek chip at twostewards.com
Tue Mar 5 21:33:10 CET 2013

I've thought about your response while I have been looking at other
platforms. My circumstances have changed and I need to build a prototype,
yes, but one that can be then refined and deployed on a large scale (as)
quickly (as possible).

I am not a professional developer. Whatever system I use I will have to
learn and likely figure out how to integrate with JS libraries. I wish I
had your experience. LK seems like the most natural choice - but only if I
can take what I build into production. The only other platform I am
considering at the moment is Amber Smalltalk. I want everything going on in
the browser and potentially use something like Firebase as a replicating
direct-to-client key store. I really don't want any logic on the server.
Oh, and I need some lightweight expert system on the client, too.

If you were me, what would you do?