[lively-kernel] Lively "cheat sheet"

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Tue Nov 5 00:12:44 CET 2013

Thank you, this is very helpful.  I have been wanting to try and figure out
how to use Lively in the same way I use Etoys with kids, but haven't
had/made the time to learn the things I need to know.  This definitely
helps reduce the learning time.

One thing I was trying to do was to perform some basic "turtle" commads
like moveBy, when I opened the inspector and tried *this.moveBy(10) * it
always moved to 0,0 no matter what number I entered.  I then say the cheat
sheet said* moveBy(point)  *so I tried moveBy(100,10) and still the same
behavior.

It would be great if at some point the cheatsheet had links for each
"cheat" to a tutorial/example page.

Thanks,
Stephen
P.S. At some point it would be great if there were scripting tiles :)

--

To some of us, writing computer programs is a fascinating game. A program
is a building of thought. It is costless to build, weightless, growing

When a program works, it is beautiful. The art of programming is the skill
of controlling complexity. The great program is subdued, made simple in its
complexity.

- Martin Harverbeke (from Eloquent
JavaScript<http://eloquentjavascript.net/index.html>
)