[lively-kernel] Lively "cheat sheet"

Steve Thomas sthomas1 at gosargon.com
Tue Nov 5 20:53:23 CET 2013

Jens/Rick,

Thanks that works now.  Couple of other comments/questions:

Are there any "pen use" type commands (ie: pen down, etc)?

If I decided to create my own "forwardBy" function which could apply to any
morph, would a good approach be to create a Trait and then apply that Trait
to each morph? I tried to figure out how to do this looking at the example
but couldn't get it working.  Also I would need to add a "heading"
attribute as well to make this work.  Any suggestions/help appreciated.

Since you have showHalos, wouldn't hideHalos be a better name than
removeHalos? To me remove indicates no longer there and I would need to add
it back.

Page3 of profesores states:

Besides containing all visible morphs, the world also provides all kinds of
functionality. Right click *on the morph* to see the World's menu! There
you can find tools, parts and the PartsBin and you can save the world in
its current state.

I think you should remove "on the morph".  Also the "TutorialArea" is sized
such that you could think you are clicking on the world and nothing happens
(because you clicked on the "TutorialArea" morph).

I tried to "Report a Bug" and wound up creating a blank one (because I
clicked cancel).  So I simply edited the lively web page and saved it (I
love how you folks eat your own cooking, everything is lively :).  So I
assume that is the way to "update" and issue?

Last question, should I be using lively-web.org instead of lively-kernel.org
?

Cheers,
Stephen

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 6:27 AM, Lincke, Jens <Jens.Lincke at hpi.uni-potsdam.de