[lively-kernel] How to Understand Exisiting Components

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Feb 5 21:02:19 CET 2014

A few of my own answers...

Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> Where should I be looking for answers?

I found
http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/documentation/livedoc very
helpful

Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> Okay, I have an inspector and object editor open for the button, but they
> show no scripts
>> - How to find out what a button does?

Okay, figured that one out. The cylinder button has:
    this.addScript(function onMouseUp(evt) {
            lively.morphic.Menu.openAt(evt.getPosition(), 'Number of
cylinders',   this.menuItems); }).tag([]);
Maybe the editor showing no scripts was on the button label…

Sean P. DeNigris wrote
>     - the start and ignition buttons will not bring up halos at all

LivelyEngine was deleting and rebuilding all the buttons on every click to
update the button labels (e.g. in setRunning)

-----
Cheers,
Sean