[lively-kernel] View/Model Separation

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sun Feb 9 00:18:29 CET 2014

Thanks for the detailed reply!

Lincke, Jens wrote
> We also often start to build new tools by taking other tools apart and
> using their components, rewire them, and publish them as a new tool.

That is intriguing. Is there an example i.e. two tools I can look at where
one was built from the other? This is a killer feature and would make a
great case study or little screencast :)

Lincke, Jens wrote
> [3]
> http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/documentation/HowConnectWorks.xhtml

Great link… I was wondering how that worked.

It makes sense that programming in a different way would favor different
designs - our artifacts are reflections of our tools. I can see with the
scripted version when digging in via halos how much easier it is to get
directly to the relevant code. Have you had any experience with this style
and multiple views? Or would you go back to model/view if that was required?

-----
Cheers,
Sean