[lively-kernel] [General] Redefining the Class of Instantiated Morphs, Subclassing Instantiated Morphs on the Fly

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Feb 19 19:41:50 CET 2014

Philip Weaver wrote
> A significant distinction appears to exist in Lively between writing
> classes in the ide and interacting with objects using the inspector… I
> wish I could click on an instantiated morph and select either "New
> subclass" (even "Change class")

Bump… this is an important topic. How does one generalize from visually
created prototypes. For instance, you create a morph, then make copies, but
realize that all the copies should have an additional property or script;
how does one avoid adding it individually to each individual morph?

-----
Cheers,
Sean