[lively-kernel] data binding setters / why no infinite recursion?

Davide Della Casa davidedc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 02:02:11 CEST 2014

indeed had just traced through it.

For future Google searchers: it’s the “isActive” flag of the AttributeConnection.

It’s set at “this.isActive = true;” in the update method.

Update causes the setter in F to go to work. the setter in F calls the updater of C, but here we stop because we check the flag we set before.

(I’m short on time now, if I had the time I’d mark that flag to be explained in the code)

On separate note, targetProp/targetMethod turn loosely into each other:

   initialize: function(source, sourceProp, target, targetProp, spec)

should probably be something like

   initialize: function(source, sourceProp, target, targetPropOrMethod, spec)

and the ambivalence of that value “targetPropOrMethod “ should be probably propagated through, it seems that the naming “picks” one or the other value a little randomly along the code, e.g. in init function:

    this.targetMethodName = targetProp;

which seems strange, at least to me.

Cheers,
Davide Della Casa