[General] Handles on objects deprecated

Richard Karpinski Dick at CFCL.com
Sun Nov 23 02:53:02 CET 2008

Fitts' Law says if it is further away and smaller it will take longer to
get there. And that only works if you can see it, which you can't for LK
handles.

What if the whole object was the target and when you got your mouse
cursor on it, you got a pie menu with up to eight choices, and secondary
menus when more choices are needed. Wouldn't that be quicker to get to
and more learnable for novices so they can become experts more quickly.

Some basic documentation might also be nice, although when the wiki is
available, I expect that questions and answers will quickly satisfy my
needs.

Dick

--
Richard Karpinski, Nitpicker  Dick at CFCL.com  http://Nitpicker.PBwiki.com
148 Sequoia Circle, Santa Rosa, CA 95401-9177