[General] Lead: Friendly JSON Store

Philip Weaver philmaker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 20:00:43 CEST 2009

I found and began to use a straightforward and very friendly JSON data store
which I'm using with some Lively projects:

   - http://www.millstonecw.com/dovetaildb/

DovetailDB is open source Java with an Apache license. You can use the
hosted database or install your own. You can add JavaScript server handlers
for data operations, and install JavaScript stored procedures. You can
easily add access control by defining handlers on the server. It is simple
yet extensible and those are qualities which I've been looking for. Other
Java-based JSON stores are Sun Cloud APIs, FeatherDB and Persevere.