[General] New Safari Beta

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at Sun.com
Mon Mar 16 21:52:14 CET 2009

>I have not yet installed Safari 4 beta. I saw somewhere online that Safari 4 does not allow Lively to operate properly.
>
>I've only begun to investigate how to best have Safari 3.2.1 and Safari 4 beta coexist on the same system. Any advice? This is not really urgent at all.

Hi, Phil -

This is not exactly what you are asking for, but...

For the faster JavaScript, and somewhat advanced graphics, I run the latest Webkit nightly builds.  They are extremely compatible with Safari, and it's easy to have both Safari and Webkit on the same machine -- in fact Webkit looks just like Safari, and will inherit all your history, bookmarks, etc.

Sadly, Webkit has the same bug that causes S4 to crash sometimes with Lively, but it has its strengths when not crashing.

Hope this helps

	- Dan

PS:  If you like nightly builds, check out the MineField nightly builds -- FireFox with TraceMonkey JS.