[lively-kernel] Time for another run at the fence?

Jens Lincke jens.lincke at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Apr 14 16:05:01 CEST 2010

And here come my answers to the little questionnaire :-)
*
What excites you about the Lively Kernel?*

I started working with Lively 2008 as an intern at Sun together with
Robert Krahn programming Lively Fabrik, a visual (end-user) programming
environment in Lively.
Back at the HPI I used Lively to develop ContextJS (A Context-oriented
programming extension to JavaScript).
It was then when I left the started actually developing inside the
Browser. To not contaminate the LivelyWiki and break it by accident, I
do my research in WebWerkstatt.
Currently we are preparing a project seminar at the HPI, where our
students will work with and extent the Lively Kernel.

*How much time do you currently put into LK?*

All my programming time goes currently into Lively and related projects,
but the actual time varies from week to week.

*How much time do you think you could put into LK if you got fired up?*

I think I am already fired up :-)
*
What are the top 3 or 4 things you would like to do for LK ?*

- make it usable for our students
- close the circle of the self porting development process
- make it end-user compatible
*
What are the top 3 or 4 things you would like someone else to do for LK?*

- help cleaning up the Wiki
- help in writing documentation or hacker's guide to lively
*
Any other random comments you'd like to make, or links to share?*

To demonstrate that quietness on the mailing list does not correlate
with a our development,
we will put all the little things that may be interesting to the
community in a Lively ChangeLog.

http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/changelog/changelog.xhtml
http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/.