[lively-kernel] Contributing source code to the Lively Kernel

Dan Ingalls danhhingalls at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 18:48:29 CEST 2010

Hi, Adam -

Working in the Wiki is a bit different, and we might want to address this.

When I work, I check out a copy of LK from the repository, and load from that using a server on my machine via localhost.  This gives me the kind of two stage commit you seem to be asking for:  when I make changes in the System Browser, they affect my copy of the repo, not the master.  When I'm sure I've made a good change or set of changes (and after making sure I'm otherwise up to date), I do an SVN commit in the OS to put my changes in the master sources at HPI.

My guess is that there is some way to do that in the Wiki as well; perhaps R&J will have something to say about it.

	- Dan