[lively-kernel] Wikipedia Entry for Lively

Philip Weaver philmaker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 08:45:41 CEST 2010

Woot! Thanks Dan!

We need continue to nag everyone continuously until this wikipedia article
is live. I know this is tedious work but it is that important. I don't want
to have to nag because I'm the sort of person who believes in "doing the
work". Unfortunately, I can't right now. But I will continue to nag.
Development on LK commenced years ago yet "according to wikipedia" the
project is not known.

Lively scratch page <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Editor142/Lively> on
Wikipedia.

A few months ago, I tried uploading a screenshot of the examples page. Some
wikipedia user yanked it due to potential copyright violation issues I
think. The conditions of uploading images to wikipedia are a maze to me.

Some tasks:

   - find an existing wikipedia article of some other project that we might
   be able to use for comparison of formatting, table of contents, etc.
   - select an image to use for the sidebar in the article (Dan's engine, or
   screenshot of the examples page, or other...)
   - upload the image to wikipedia legally without the editing community
   wigging out
   - review/enhance/decide the table of contents
   - continue to flesh out and add content to the article
   - near any hyperlinks to Lively pages in the article or at the end, make
   it clear which browsers work best or are supported for a good experience
   (Dan mentions unsupported browser below)
   - Copy the article out to wikipedia from its current scratch page (feel
   free to do that at any time; just be ready the hammer to come down) ;-)
   Kidding.
   - Point to the article from other existing listing and category pages in
   wikipedia: JavaScript libraries, web frameworks, etc.

Please take a step: upload and include an image - correct or adds links at
the bottom or inline - write a new section - push it out - etc.

Lively scratch page <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Editor142/Lively> on
Wikipedia.

Thanks,
Philip