[lively-kernel] Lively IDE Mockups

Philip Weaver philmaker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 04:58:43 CEST 2010

Hi Steve, thanks for writing.

The goal really is to help others visualize what potential Lively has, help
modernize, and to keep conversation going. Dan, Jens, Robert, and HPI are
always committing to the repository - but Lively needs some more structure
(and perhaps illustration support). I'm aware of every web-based toolkit
and, still, nothing else compares. Several other web toolkits are very, very
polished but nothing else supports direct manipulation and vectors.

Steve, your background is awesome and you have more artistic ability than
you may think. I know that you have good taste. :-) The main thing is please
try to find time to keep this conversation going to help generate more
interest beyond 98 mailing list subscribers.

I hope to add a design document with explanation and goals over the next day
or so.

http://tinyurl.com/lively-panel/

Thanks,
Philip