[lively-kernel] Sencha

Philip Weaver philmaker at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 02:37:26 CEST 2010

I used the ExtJS framework (of Sencha) back in 2007 around the time Project
Flair (now Lively) was announced. It is well designed but does not have the
same vision as Lively: direct manipulation and vectors. ExtJS abruptly
changed their license in 2008 which led to some revolt. A couple of weeks
ago ExtJS renamed themselves to Sencha and also brought in the RaphaelJS SVG
framework and a touch framework.

Many of the subscribers on this mailing list have more of a background
focusing on Smalltalk and Squeak than with web development. So I do think
it's beneficial that we increase awareness and discuss what already exists
out there in web toolkit land.

Philip