[lively-kernel] Self-style object outliners

Dan Ingalls Dan at Squeakland.org
Tue Mar 9 14:16:53 CET 2010

Hi Adam -

This is really cool (and thanks, Jens for sending out a picture).

We are planning several things that may also help you going forward:  general serialization to JSON, and some playing around with OMeta for Smalltalk-on-LK experiments.  Jens and Robert are working on a road map for a bunch of projects at HPI this spring.

It's great to have you playing around with LK and Self-like experiments.  I have wanted to revisit our Morphic from the standpoint of flexibility for deconstruction/reconstruction - something that Self under Randy and Dave did really well; we lost a bit ot that in Squeak and a bit more in Lively.

Cool stuff!

	- Dan