[lively-kernel] Self-style object outliners

Adam Spitz adam.spitz at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 23:53:08 CET 2010

Dan Ingalls wrote:

> We are planning several things that may also help you going forward:  general serialization to JSON, and some playing around with OMeta for Smalltalk-on-LK experiments.  Jens and Robert are working on a road map for a bunch of projects at HPI this spring.

Cool!

I admit that I've been feeling tempted to try the Smalltalk thing
myself. :) And the serialization thing sounds like it could be useful
too. How long do I need to wait before I can hear the details? :)

> It's great to have you playing around with LK and Self-like experiments.  I have wanted to revisit our Morphic from the standpoint of flexibility for deconstruction/reconstruction - something that Self under Randy and Dave did really well; we lost a bit ot that in Squeak and a bit more in Lively.

Can you give me an example of the kind of flexibility you mean? (It's
been a while since I played with Squeak.)

Adam