[lively-kernel] WebGL projects [was: Re: Lively Kernel as plugin...]

Arto Salminen arto.salminen at tut.fi
Thu Sep 16 06:57:21 CEST 2010

Hi Dan,

I think the easiest way to see the code is to press Ctrl+U (see the
source) or Ctrl+Shift+J (developer tools) in Chrome.

On the left HTML5 canvas there is the experimental canvas version of the
Lively Kernel. On the right side is another HTML5 canvas with WebGL
(which is used with a library called GLGE).

There is a xml file called mylevel.xml that is used to define the GLGE
scene. In this xml, the cube and the canvas used as a texture for the
cube are defined.

In my demo code (demo.js) I use HTML5 canvas API (i.e. function called
drawImage(image, dx, dy, dw, dh)) to draw the Lively Kernel canvas on
certain places on to the texture canvas of the cube. This drawing is
done in every 33 milliseconds.

I believe that, the left side canvas could be used as a texture for the
cube directly, but because textures are "wrapped" around objects, it
would look weird. Haven't test this though.

  BR,
  Arto Salminen