[lively-kernel] Lively2-rc3

Fabian Bornhofen fabian.bornhofen at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Aug 21 10:21:24 CEST 2011

Hi Milan,

this is some valuable information, indeed.
We tested the installer on Ubuntu (x86) as LAMPP is 32-bit only. There
seem to be two things that need fixing in your case.

- libsvn_repos-1.so.1 would not load because it's x86_64, apparently.
That means that we should probably ship a 32-bit version of SVN with the
installer.

- LAMPP does not run as nobody. This might be an OpenSUSE-specific
thing. Have you tried running a fresh LAMPP installation on your system
without the Lively part? If it does work, please tell us what user
Apache is running as.

Unfortunately I don't have a 64-bit OpenSUSE system at hand right now.
If you're trying a manual install, it might be helpful to have a look at
the OSX installer:
http://lively-kernel.org/other/livelyFiles/lively_installer_osx.sh
Good luck!

Regards,