[lively-kernel] Lively2-rc3

milan zimmermann milan.zimmermann at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 02:58:15 CEST 2011

Hi Fabian:

a few comments inline:

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 4:21 AM, Fabian Bornhofen <
fabian.bornhofen at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> Hi Milan,
>
> this is some valuable information, indeed.
> We tested the installer on Ubuntu (x86) as LAMPP is 32-bit only. There
> seem to be two things that need fixing in your case.
>
> - libsvn_repos-1.so.1 would not load because it's x86_64, apparently.
> That means that we should probably ship a 32-bit version of SVN with the
> installer.

Well, I have a feeling it may be hard to get one automated installer that
works on all (or even a few) Linux distros, except perhaps statically
building and shipping a statically linked apache and mod_dav_svn.

> - LAMPP does not run as nobody. This might be an OpenSUSE-specific
> thing. Have you tried running a fresh LAMPP installation on your system
> without the Lively part? If it does work, please tell us what user
> Apache is running as.

If I remove from /etc/lampp/etc/httpd.conf:

# Include etc/extra/httpd-dav.conf
# Include etc/extra/lk.conf

then:

./lampp startapache # as root

starts correctly and listening apache threads show on "ps" as user "nobody",
I think that is what you were asking about. I misunderstood the automated
script and thought it was trying to *start apache as nobody*.

On another note, I was (almost) able to install manually by editing
configuration files (reading the installation notes and the install script)
using the opensuse shipped apache2, and svn. (I am saying "almost" because
"svnadmin load" did not load the svndump into the previously created
repository - even though it listed "adding path" and "commit", no files
showed up in the expected directory. Something I must be doing wrong or
misunderstanding there. I will check into that later.

regards,
milan