[lively-kernel] Using Lively Fabrik in Elementary school program

R.D. Latimer rdlatimer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 15:38:29 CEST 2011

We're developing a programming/critical thinking course at an elementary
school here in Fairfax county Va.
We'd like to at least let the kids work some with what's there on the site
http://www.lively-kernel.org/repository/lively-wiki/Fabrik.xhtml

I realize this probably hasn't been developed into a full-fledged
curriculum, however it looks like a great idea.

Is this the EToys link?
http://www.squeakland.org/
I'll take a look

An overview of languages we're planning on so far -
Sliding blocks for language statements:
Squeak (MIT)

Sliding blocks + defining your own procedures/functions
BYOB/Snap (Berkeley)

Typing in statements, and defining your own procedures/functions
Bootstrapworld (Scheme, WeScheme, DrRacket)
Logo, NetLogo (Northwestern)

More advanced -
Python, Processing language

The Squeakland and Ebots looks interesting, I haven't looked through that
yet, but I'll do that.

If anyone would like links to any of these languages I can provide them

Thanks,
Randy Latimer