[lively-kernel] Using Lively Fabrik in Elementary school program

Alan Kay alan.nemo at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 16:14:40 CEST 2011

Scratch was done by many of the same people who did Etoys.

In some ways it is nicer and/or more convenient, and in other ways it is quite a bit more limiting, especially in the simulation and media spaces.

Check out: http://www.vpri.org/pdf/rn2005001_learning.pdf for an overview of Etoys vis a vis learning

and http://www.vpri.org/pdf/rn2005002_authoring.pdf for an overview of Etoys as programmable media

Cheers,

Alan