[lively-kernel] Using Lively Fabrik in Elementary school program

R.D. Latimer rdlatimer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:39:19 CEST 2011

Hi Stephen,
  Here's a quick overview of what we're looking at for this year (there's a
lot out there!).

Scratch
http://scratch.mit.edu/
BYOB (Scratch with ability to define new procedures/functions - blocks)
http://byob.berkeley.edu/

Bootstrapworld (Scheme - DrRacket + WeScheme - browser version)
http://www.bootstrapworld.org/
http://www.wescheme.org/

NetLogo
http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/

Python and Processing
python.org, processing.org

And now squeakland/etoys
http://www.squeakland.org/tutorials/

We're looking at grades k-6, but not all grades will cover the same
material, for example kindergarten only covering Squeak and Etoys

Randy