[lively-kernel] Lively2-rc3

milan zimmermann milan.zimmermann at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 19:18:45 CEST 2011

Hi Fabian:

Sorry for the delay. FWIW I was able to do a "developer's" localhost install
Lively 2 locally with the help of the manual instructions and automated
instructions,  not using XAMPP but installing the native packages. I can see
the repo when browsing to http://localhost/repository/ .There were a few
things I did not do in the install, as there was a problem I do not remember
yet the basic Dav stuff works:
- The section in lk.conf around rewrite rules
- httpd-dav.conf

For completeness the steps I used are attached, and also the image of
running locally.

I am able to open an xhtml, change and save it with no obvious issues. Only
2 things I noticed:
   - after world save, an error quickly flashes but then disappears and
everything saves correctly, so this does not seem  an issue.
   - the version viewer, let's say on
http://localhost/repository/lively2-mz1.xhtml does not seem to work - says

One question - given a localhost install,  what is the best way of getting
latest Lively2 code if I did care about local changes? [I don't but anyway]

Thanks,
milan