[lively-kernel] Thank you. Future commitment to HTML/CSS rendering? Lively + three.js??

Jens Lincke jens.lincke at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Sep 25 11:54:14 CEST 2011

Hi, Jay
Am 23.09.2011 um 08:24 schrieb Jay Skeer:

> So my question is: How committed to the HTML/CSS rendering is the project?  Can't have canvas open with both a 2d context and a 3d context (though if you've messed with the Secondlife client as much as I have it is an obvious usecase.)

In our HTML/CSS rendering we include SVG and canvases as well as needed, we also experimented with putting in 3D canvases, so this should be not problem.

> Of the three options for rendering, which has the best performance currently: svg, canvas, html/css?

We pretty much sticked with html/css, the architecture supports the other two approaches but we did not have the need  yet to implement them out.

Best,
Jens