[lively-kernel] Connections tutorial, Morphic: Connections

Fabian Bornhofen fbornhofen at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 1 22:43:35 CET 2012

Hi Blake -

just looked at it in Chromium 18 and YES that looks serious. Not sure
though if that's Lively's fault or a bug in Chrome. We'll need to look
into that.

As for local deployment, there are some scattered bits of documentation:

- Amazon EC2 by Marko: http://lively-kernel.org/other/aws/
- Mac & Ubuntu x86:
http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/users/fbo/xamppInstaller.xhtml
- Windows is very experimental:
http://lively-kernel.org/repository/webwerkstatt/users/fbo/xamppInstallerWindows.xhtml
- Also we just deployed an instance on SUSE Linux, I will search for
and upload the Apache config for that ASAP if you need it.

The general problem here is that Apache config & default settings
differs a lot depending on the platform. That makes it almost
impossible to create a unified installer.

(And for what it's worth, there is a highly experimental way to deploy
LK with only Node.js: https://github.com/fbornhofen/lkcodesrv . We
don't recommend this, but it might be interesting for some to look at
it.)

HTH
Fabian